Please note this is NOT for Holy Lamb Products (all skus beginning with HL) those are listed separately under "Care instructions for Holy Lamb products
Your Wildridge Healthy Living product is 100% wool filled and requires special laundering care. Dry-cleaning is acceptable. It is highly recommended that you use a "green" dry cleaner due to the toxic nature of the chemicals. If there is no tag on your item, the dry cleaner will not be responsible for any damage.
HOME LAUNDRY INSTRUCTIONS - WOOL WASHING
1) Place product in warm soapy water and gently work up and
down by hand through the water.
2) Squeeze out water by hand or on spin cycle.
3) Repeat as above for the rinse.
4) Hang up or lay flat to dry. NO AUTOMATIC DRYER! AND NO FRONT LOADING WASHING MACHINES!
Tumbling in the washer or dryer will shrink your wool.
We recommend having your wool product recarded by our custom processing woolen mill which is the only way to restore it's loft. You should get your wool product (recarded, reworked, reconditioned, refurbished, renewed, restored) every 7 to 10 years. Take care to prevent moth damage if storage is necessary; i.e. cedar chips, cedar closet, moth crystals or freezer. Store in a cloth bag or wrapped in paper to allow for proper ventilation. This is proper procedure to ensure this quality bedding has a long shelf life.
Wash by hand in a wash tub or bath tub using warm water and detergent safe for the outside cover. Washing can also be done in a top loading washing machine on soak cycle only. DO NOT USE A FRONT LOADING MACHINE. DO NOT AGITATE your wool product in the washing machine as it will become matted.
For All Of Our Wool Products
Unmake Your Bed
One of the best things you can do is unmake your bed in the morning for a few hours, allowing the moisture you gave off during the night to evaporate from the wool bedding.
Sunning Your Bedding
Placing your wool bedding in the sun a few times per year is an excellent way to refresh and cleanse your bedding using the benefits of the sun. Sunning will naturally deodorize, bleach, disinfect, and revitalize your bedding.
Protection Is Key
Protect your wool bedding by placing it inside an appropriate cotton cover that can be washed regularly and act as a barrier for your bedding during everyday use.
- Place a comforter inside a duvet cover
- Put your pillow inside a zippered pillow case
- For mattress toppers, use a moisture barrier and then a fitted sheet
Do I need to wash my bedding before I use it?
No, your wool bedding is ready to use. There’s no need to wash it unless it’s your preference. There are no chemicals located in our production facility, no animals on-site, no finishes used on the fabric and we maintain a Scent Free facility.
Can my bedding be washed & how?
Most of our wool bedding can be washed using our special washing instructions provided with your purchase. If you need a copy of the washing instructions please contact us and we’ll email it to you as soon as possible.
In case of emergency:
- Gently spot clean the affected area.
- Set aside to later wash the entire product once you have received the washing instructions.
- You can also treat the problem area with live cultured enzymes which eliminate odors. (i.e. Biokleen makes a product called Bac Out.) These enzyme products can be found at your local health food store/ co-op.
Protecting your investment by properly caring for your wool will help to ensure its life over generations to come!